Analyst / Associate, Midstream Energy - Macquarie Capital Infrastructure - Houston
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 1/7/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRECRUITER: Jean-Philippe Graff
Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Advisory activities are divided into industry groups, reflecting key areas of expertise. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Macquarie Capital's Infrastructure team, provides a wide array of principal investment and advisory services to energy companies regarding acquisitions, divestitures (A&D), mergers and various capital raising activities. Macquarie Capital is in need of a highly motivated Associate for its investment banking platform group in Houston. Applicants must be willing and able to work in a fast-paced and unstructured environment, with a dynamic work schedule requiring a high degree of flexibility.
The Analyst / Associate's primary responsibility is support of the Macquarie Houston Infrastructure - Midstream Energy team. The successful candidate will have a high level of responsibility and will be integral to the success of the team. Duties include but are not limited to:
* Have 2-4 years previous experience within the Midstream Energy sector in one of the following areas: Investment Banking, Principal Investing, or Corporate Business Development;
* Have excellent written and oral communication abilities and the ability to work with those at all levels;
* Have strong attention to detail and exceptional time management skills;
* Have proficiency in generating valuation analyzes using various methodologies including discounted cash flow, leveraged buyout, and trading and transaction comparables;
* Have proficiency in building detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios to analyze the impacts of different capital structures;
* Have strong proficiency in creating and editing client presentations, memorandum and other marketing materials;
* Have the ability to research and analyze various topics and summarize and present the results in a succinct manner;
* Have experience and familiarity with all stages of oil and gas transaction executions, including origination, diligence, and execution of equity, debt, and M&A transactions;
* Have a hard-working, can-do attitude;
* Possess the ability to work in an open, fast-paced environment ;
* Be able to effectively juggle multiple, competing priorities;
* Be a team player.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
ADVERTISED: 15 Aug 2016 Central Daylight Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities