Associate Occupancy Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Associate Occupancy Planning
Auto Req ID
Provides space planning and programming services on projects as assigned and plans move activities at designated client site. Need to adapt to change quickly (this client is constantly evolving), be flexible, be able to have fun but be work focused and be able to enjoy a hip tech environment. HQ focused planner will ensure move and new hire lists are accurate.
Gather programming information related to space requirements, adjacencies, or move requirements. Work with business units to create long-term and tactical plans for their growth, consolidation, and other space requirements.
* Interface with facilities planning and design staff in the coordination of various facilities projects. Includes synchronizing the timing and construction of offices, the distribution and installation of furniture, and the relocation of personnel to different buildings.
* Develop move plans with space assignments, occupancy plans, cabling requirements, IT requirements and construction requirements, cost estimates and timelines for all assigned projects.
* Develop migration plans and space strategies utilizing blocking and stacking diagrams.
* Plan complex and detailed design layouts of new and existing office space and furniture.
* Coordinate and provide detailed design layouts of new and existing office space and furniture.
* Coordinate with client and associates to determine furniture requirements, bill of materials and furniture product availability.
* Monitor layout, design, and space plan of facilities in relation to the move plan.
* Conduct building audits to verify that employee locations, furniture layout and room configurations are correctly noted on floor plans, verify all site as-built drawings are up to date, including: architectural, furniture, p-lines, ARCHIBUS space and occupancy data, may require input and maintenance of facilities plans on AutoCAD.
* Knowledge of minor tenant improvement construction processes, plans and related application to include documentation for compliance.
* Knowledge of government and site building codes and regulations.
* Ability to learn and apply new methods of space design for specific customer needs.
* Coordinates all space plans, furniture requirements, furniture moves, IT equipment moves, and people moves. Works with vendors, engineering consultants, contractors and various departments to coordinate project completion.
* Apply data and metrics that are important to client and JLL success; gather and track accordingly.
* Create site space utilization reports weekly, monthly and quarterly as determined.
* Creates and maintains color coded floor plans used for site strategic planning as well as assigning individual cubicles or work areas to business units.
* Client-specific requirements including particular software, systems, and processes.
* Maintain strong relationships with vendors and customers to understand requirements and monitor in relation to cost, quality, and schedules.
* May be called upon to train and develop other associates.
* Utilizes HR headcount and employee requisition data to create space planning charts and graphs used to develop long term and tactical plans for the site.
* Maintains a site space plan that includes strategic plan, current utilization data, list of site level contacts utilized for planning, list of space issues that require management decision, list of customer exceptions to space policy or guidelines.
* Test Fits and Design Focused
* Communication/Soft Skills
* CAFM (not critical but a huge plus)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of multiple furniture lines.
* Proficiency with AutoCAD, Excel, MS Office, Visio, and CAFM/IWMS systems.
* Solid customer service acumen and interpersonal relationship skills.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, including advanced negotiation skills.
* Demonstrated team and collaboration skills
* Strong organizational skills.
* Some project management experience as it relates to space planning and vendor management.
* Strong and proven technical aptitude.
* Willingness to take ownership of requests; prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Strong attention to detail and quality.
* Advanced understanding of move requirements, reconfiguration processes, and furniture inventory management.
* Thorough understanding of line of business (or business unit) to support client.
* Knowledge of government regulations and requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* B.S. or B.A. in related discipline or related experience.
* At least 2 years professional experience in Facilities Planning, Furniture Project Management, Furniture Design, or Interior Design.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 42408BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL