Associate Principal, EAB Corporate Strategy & New Ventures (summer 2017) 9/1/2016
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Associate Principal, EAB Corporate Strategy & New Ventures (summer 2017)
Corporate Strategy and New Ventures
Share | |Email this job
ASSOCIATE PRINCIPAL (FULL-TIME POSITION, STARTING SUMMER 2017) *LI
Corporate Strategy & New Ventures
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
Corporate Strategy and New Product Development is responsible for defining the firm s growth strategy and organically developing new products and services. In helping to fuel the growth engine of a high-growth company, the department enjoys close partnership with the CEO and executive team. Unparalleled access to the executives of leading healthcare organizations and industry-leading marketing capabilities offers motivated, entrepreneurial candidates a unique opportunity to quickly affect systemic change across the higher education industry.
This opportunity is based in Washington, D.C.
Lead the research, development, and launch of multiple new product or partnership opportunities:
- Identify and size market opportunities
- Conduct rigorous market testing
- Assess competitive pressures
- Develop pro-forma analyses
- Steward internal approval process
- Devise and execute marketing and sales strategies
- Lead product development
- Drive initial product delivery
- Manage appropriate staff for each product development project
Play a leading role in developing and refining the company s overall growth strategy:
- Conduct strategic analyses to determine attractive product development and business development terrains
- Spearhead projects to identify growth opportunities for the company
- Expand the firm s knowledge base in emerging terrains
- Consistently develop and evaluate new business opportunities/ideas/potential partner companies
- Bachelor s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Working at a venture capital, private equity, or investment banking firm
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Creating a business plan/starting your own business
- Higher education industry experience
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience in developing growth strategies for organization(s), particularly around new business lines
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Experience managing and coaching more junior team members
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Willingness to take risks and act decisively with regard to new opportunities
- Experience working with clients in a consultative role -- comfort engaging senior level people in back-and-forth conversation, ability to be convincing when necessary, and ability to develop strong relationships through each interaction
- Higher education experience a plus
ABOUT THE ADVISORY BOARD COMPANY:
The Advisory Board Company is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 5,500+ health care organizations and educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, The Advisory Board Company forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisoryboardcompany.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.