This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
COX MEDIA GROUP AND TULSA TV are looking for an ASSOCIATE PRODUCER.
The associate producer is responsible for assisting Producer and/or Executive Producer with daily content prep, recording, editing, and planning of daily and/or weekly shows on air and online.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
* Communicates with information sources and producers to prepare reports for broadcast
* Prepares and delivers reports live on the air
* Works with executive producer and talent to execute daily broadcasts
* Oversees in-studio production and screening of listener/viewer calls
* Assists executive producer with daily production assignments
* Researches topics, pitches guest and topics as needed
* Performs audio/video editing and pre/post production work as needed
* Guest booking and interview prep as assigned by producer
* Ability to prioritize assignments in a changing topical landscape
* Participates in other production and/or creative duties
* Participates in creative meetings to brainstorm ideas for newscasts, shows or specials
* Assists in the production of special projects and other content related to program and/or station
* Works with promotions staff to coordinate logistics for remote broadcasts
* Must have writing knowledge/skills
* Excellent creative writing and communication skills
* Ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling broadcast content
* Highly detail oriented with the ability to execute ideas
* Comfortable working with talent, and other high profile individuals
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
* College degree in Journalism or Mass Communications
* At least 6 months of experience in broadcasting or TV
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Job Level:Individual Contributor