Associate Producer- WLIW
WNET - New York Public Media - New York, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Associate Producer, WLIW
MetroFocus is a multi-platform magazine covering news, culture and life in the New York region. The website is updated five days a week and includes significant video content both original and from partner organizations. A monthly television news magazine is produced and edited using original content created by the staff and also contains video content from outside partners.
An immediate opportunity is available for an Associate Producer. The Associate Producer performs a variety of production tasks essential to the research, planning, production and editing of various program elements, including news and story segments.
Specific responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in all aspects of production including: research, development, pre-interviewing, booking and scheduling interviewees, production and post-production.
• Writing and presenting orally in clear and coherent prose, information gathered in research and recommendations about material and people that might be included in segment or program.
• Finding, gathering and clearing supporting material, including graphics, footage and music. Conducting on-camera interviews.
• Working collegially with technical and other personnel, including camera crews and editors and occasionally overseeing their work.
• Editing segments and a completed off-line version of the television program using advanced Final Cut Pro skills, editing segments and additional video material and posting it to the website in a timely manner, and shooting on location using P2 cameras.
To qualify, candidates must have BS or BA in Film, Television Production, Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Fine Arts or related field, or equivalent work experience and a minimum of two (2) years in television program production. Ability to shoot and edit video using Final Cut Pro is required. In addition, candidates must have a minimum of two (2) years editorial experience with emphasis in news or public affairs including experience in dealing with a wide range of contemporary issues, e.g., political, financial, medical, etc.; exceptional written and verbal communication, and presentation skills; exceptional planning, organization, problem analysis and decision-making skills; strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
To apply, candidates should submit resume, cover letter and salary history via email. Responses should list the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Please do not send links to online resumes.
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
Qualified candidates only; no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WLIWI 21 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance