Associate Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
The Associate Product Manager assists the Product Manager in making sure that their product lines meet or exceed all of the key performance indicators established during the annual strategic and operating planning processes. They will work across functions to manage all aspects of the product life cycle from strategic planning to day-to-day tactical activities, with an emphasis on supporting the tactical activities associated with running a product line.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Assist in the analysis of daily managerial situations impacting the assigned product lines. Examples include:
* Pricing analysis in preparation of new product launch, bi-annual price changes, response to special pricing requests
* Developing sales forecasts (demand plan)
* Providing product information to customers and/or the sales team
* Performing product cost analysis
* Responding to requests for proposals
* Responding to requests for samples
* Support capacity and demand analysis
* Issuing notices for new stock requests and the creation of new engineering projects
* Gathering product specification and product attribute information for the development of marketing collateral, including e-catalog
* May own the full P&L for a small product line or family.
* Coordinate and implement product and applications training for customers, sales, customer service, applications engineering, etc.
* Research products and markets to maintain competitive intelligence.
* Gather product-related customer feedback and ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Work with the engineering team to ensure products are released on time and per customer requirements.
* Maintain industry, technical, application knowledge and other skills to increase personal effectiveness.
Willingness to travel customer visits, association presentations, field training, etc.
* 2+ years of experience in sales, finance, engineering or applications engineering
* Relevant product or industry experience desired
* 4-year technical or business degree required
* Advanced degree (MBA) experience preferred