Associate Project Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
Under appropriate direction, provide engineering and development assistance in all technical phases of product development, including design and development planning, requirements definition, product development, design verification/validation testing, regulatory filings, and manufacturing aspects using Arrow s design control processes.
Teleflex offers a broad range of central venous access catheters through its proven and trusted ARROW technologies designed to minimize risk and maximize outcomes. Our new VasoNova central venous catheter navigation technology is designed to enable the optimal position for catheter tip location. Visit www.teleflex.com to view our vascular products and learn more about educational opportunities to learn more about vessel health and preservation.
1. Under appropriate direction, support the Research and Development (R&D) organization in product development by using engineering tools and principles to design products, process, equipment, tooling and components as needed according to the design control procedure.
2. Under appropriate direction, support assigned R&D projects, including general problem-solving, product performance characterization, material research/analysis, process development and pilot manufacturing support.
3. Manage the logistics of parts and assemblies through the design verification process according to project plans by interfacing with internal and external test labs.
4. Provide support with new product test method development and its validation and related documentation.
5. Provide support with design control documentation writing such as design inputs, test protocols, test reports, meeting minutes, failure investigation reports, design review meeting minutes, etc
6. Coordinate the transfer of parts, assemblies, documentation and processes from prototype through pilot to production life cycle.
7. Generate product and process specifications for the Device Master Record as required.
8. Document all new ideas for products and/or processes using Arrow s Intellectual Property Engineering Notebook.
9. Interface with quality, purchasing and outside vendors to develop vendor supply agreements for components and/or new products.
10. Monitor and respond to feedback concerning products. As needed, support investigation of product complaints to determine cause and implement corrective action.
11. Participate in project and design reviews for assigned projects.
12. Understand and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Forms and Templates for the Arrow Quality System.
13. Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex s Code of Ethics, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
This position requires direct contact with an implantable device. Yes No
Bachlors degree in engineering field preferred, although associate degree in engineering field plus five (5) year s relevant work experience is acceptable.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Additional preferred or required qualifications.
Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computerized analysis applications
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Team player with good interpersonal skills
Strong work ethics and positive attitude
Teleflex is a global provider of specialty medical devices used for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. We serve hospitals and clinicians in more than 130 countries with well known, trusted brands in vascular access, general and regional anesthesia, urology, respiratory care, cardiac care, and surgery. We also provide products and services for device manufacturers. Our products are designed to cost effectively provide clinical benefits and enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.