Associate Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
* Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
* Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
* Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
* Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
* Read our blog at www.connector.com
We are currently building our in house Project Management staff and are looking for a talented Associate Project Manager to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role you will have the opportunity work with the Project Manager to execute the strategic directions defined in the Project Plan for an assigned project in support of Divisional and Project goals. Act as a focal point for day-to-day support of the assigned task with in the projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supports the Project Manager in the development and implementation of strategic projects and project related task. Support the execution of Project Plans for timing, cost, and customer deliverables.
* Execute project goals in support of Project and Divisional objectives. Track progress to plan for expenditures and timing for assigned projects or task within the Project Plan.
* Works with the Project Manager to improve profit and return on investment during the execution phases of the Project Plan. Supports cost reduction, capacity planning, and quality improvement projects within established guidelines of the Project Plans.
* Supports the Project Manager in new development activity associated with execution of the Project Plan. The ability to work with and lead a cross functional global project team.
* Under the direction of the Product Manager, conduct Project Phase reviews, approve purchase recognitions and enter PAR request.
* Implements and maintain action item list, timelines, and barrier plans for assigned tasks.
* Escalate issues, barriers and lead solution driven meetings
* Understand, support and contribute to meeting customer requirements for timing, cost, and start of production planning, including safe launch and ramp-up plans.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by Management.
WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or Technical area of study.
* 2 or more years experience in connector or electronics industry in Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, Project Management or Engineering.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Excellent customer service skills
* Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to situations
* Strong presentation skills that show the ability to prepare and deliver concise and effective presentations to customers and Molex management
* Organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload.
* Effective written and oral communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas, exchange information clearly and concisely, and deliver concise and effective presentations to customers and Molex personnel.
* Must be sensitive to the customer s needs and show a sense of urgency to address customer issues
* Strong team leadership skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload.