Associate Project Manager (Retail Construction)
Associate Project Manager (Retail Construction)
Auto Req ID
JLL s PDS team is seeking for an Assistant Project Manager. Under the supervision of the Program Manger and/or Team Leads, the individual is responsible for providing support to the projects managers for various renovation and/or ground up projects.
The successful candidate have an understanding of construction, experience in retail, commercial and/or QSR (quick serve restaurant) and must be familiar with planning & design, vendor procurement, communication, records management, invoice processing and project close-out.
* Maintaining project records in JLL s web based project management system
* Drafting Invitations to Bid and assist in leveling general contractor proposals.
* Coordinating owner furnished FF&E materials with vendors and general contractor
* Tracking project deliverables per established program processes
* Reporting on the project schedule and critical issues
* Providing assistance with the overall program management as required
* Make site visits as required to assist project managers with documenting the status of the work and stand-in for project managers on project calls as required.
* Cultivating and maintaining an excellent working relationship with all client representatives and service providers.
* Judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload in a fast pace environment
* Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Highly organized with strong analytical skills
* Proactive with the ability to work independently.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients,
* Ability to successfully communicate with architects, contractors, client s representatives, and team members.
* Familiar with working within established process to provide uniform deliverables and performance.
* Ability to regularly communicate analyzed data to client and team to achieve project goals.
* Bachelor s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field
* Must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in construction and project management with knowledge of construction disciplines (civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical).
* Ability to review and interpret plans and specifications from schematic design/design phase through construction drawings.
* Retail and QSR experience is preferred but not required.
* Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed.
* Ability to understand aspects of construction projects effectively including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, construction and close-out.
* Strong knowledge of MS Office, MS Project or similar scheduling software
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $58.3 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.