Senior Manager, Projects 9/2/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Senior Manager, Projects
Auto Req ID
We are currently seeking an Associate Project Manager (APM) to join our Project and Development Services team in Seattle. Our team s priorities are:
* Delivering a positive client experience
* Business Growth
* Increasing cross platform collaboration
* Improving training and quality
* Ensuring life balance
We are looking for an individual who is aligned with these priorities and who will be responsible for assisting with a variety of projects for multiple industries, including commercial, hospitality, retail, and healthcare.
The Associate Project Manager (APM) role is designed to support project managers in the execution of construction projects through inception to completion. The APM will perform multiple duties and will be specifically held to the performance of invoice processing and project closeouts as defined by our goals. Additionally, as a training ground to project execution, the APM may have the opportunity to manage individual limited discipline projects under the supervision of the Project Manager.
* Support the delivery of assigned projects by completing all tasks through project closeout. Specific tasks include:
* Project Administration: Support set up of projects in the project management system; maintain project files and complete various project data entry.
* Invoice Management: Process all project invoices accurately and timely and supports the management of the project budget. Ensure all vendor invoices are processed and paid in accordance to contractual obligations and ensure vendor inquiries are resolved in a timely fashion.
* Financial Tracking: Understand project cost management/cycle and track project budget and costs to date.
* Document Management: Support PM to ensure all required project documentation is included in the project file through the project lifecycle and is compliant with project record retention policies.
* Project Closeouts: Coordinate all project closeout activities and deliverables throughout the project process including all final invoices, gathering of final lien waivers from vendors and submit necessary closeout packages as required by the client.
* Embrace change and adopt a "can do" mentality when performing tasks; be solutions oriented.
* Adopt a cost savings mentality in your daily activities; seek cost saving opportunities outside of project budgets.
* Demonstrate accountability and ownership with every initiative or project, siting examples of sharing lessons learned and best practices.
* Address unexpected/urgent internal and external requests.
* Maintain balanced work load.
* Proactively engage in regional support and resource sharing.
* Manage priorities, appropriately.
* Complete all activities flawlessly, within the quality standards of the client and JLL.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* BS or equivalent degree preferred in construction management, engineering, real estate or other related field
* Must have experience/skills in construction project management (architecture, general contracting, construction estimation, scheduling, engineering, design/permitting process, bid development, contract and/or sub-contract management)
* Minimum 2 years experience in related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to communicate effectively across multiple audiences (i.e., peer teams, management, business partners, clients)
* Demonstrates ability to evaluate risks to the business
* Time management and ability to multi task
* Proven history of strong analytical technical and organization skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
* Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
* Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
* Self-motivated, dedicated, and goal-oriented
* Must work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment and be flexible to change with business priorities
* Expert skills in all office software systems including Microsoft Work, Excel, Project, Outlook, Power Point as well as Adobe Acrobat
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43263BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.