- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Sapient Government Services (SGS) is looking for people who simply put are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of todays toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at SGS, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to todays challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now its at Sapient Government Services.
JOB TITLE QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
JOB TITLE: Associate L2 QA REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: Arlington, VA, Rockville, MD EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular, Full Time
START DATE: Immediate
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Public Trust
This person would be responsible for designing automated test suites and supporting overall application compliance. This individual will be responsible for planning, managing, maintaining, coordinating and executing the test scripts for complex, multi-tier applications.
* Implement test plans within current guidelines by analyzing project requirement documents.
* Review project documentation for all assigned projects to ensure that the project requirements are clearly defined.
* Work with applications designed / developed with Java and Web Services
* Prepare test plan documents and write test procedures
* Designs, develops, tests, maintains and executes reusable test automation scripts across different test environments for consistency.
* Ability to execute test cases manually (if needed) based on business requirements.
* To fulfill this role, the individual applies appropriate automation technologies to meet the short and long term goals of the testing organization.
* Objective is to automate as much of the testing effort as possible with a minimum set of code / scripts for web-based applications and database infrastructures.
* Coordinate regression test automation activities across all supported applications
* Work with requirements teams to define test cases and maintain traceability
* Report defects and escalate issues as needed
* Work closely with software development team to reproduce and debug issues.
* Demonstrate ownership and accountability through self directed task management
* Motivated Team player, with very strong analytical, diagnostic and debugging skills
* Good oral communication and writing skills.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
* Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
* Bachelors Degree required from college or University
* Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with quality assurance
* Experience with test automation tools (e.g. HP Quality Center, Quick Test Professional (QTP), WinRunner, Selenium) is required.
* Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experience working in agile / iterative SDLC environments
* Ability to excel in team oriented environment.
* Able to work independently and in a fast paced environment
* Adheres to development standards, software development lifecycle processes
* Constantly seeks ways to improve processes for increased agility and quality
ABOUT SAPIENT GOVERNMENT SERVICES
Sapient Government Services, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of consulting, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://www.sapientgov.com.
*REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS WILL BE MADE AS NECESSARY FOR THE KNOWN PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY OF AN OTHERWISE QUALIFIED APPLICANT OR EMPLOYEE UNLESS DOING SO WOULD IMPOSE AN UNDUE HARDSHIP ON THE OPERATION OF THE COMPANYS BUSINESS.
SAPIENT US IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS TO SAPIENT US WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.