This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
The Advisory Board Company
Entry Level (Non-Research)
Share | |Email this job
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
Career Management serves as the human resources function for The Advisory Board Company by providing assistance in the areas of recruiting, training, career pathing, and benefits administration. The Recruiting Associate serves as the first point of contact for candidates, communicating with them throughout the interview process. We are seeking candidates with an interest in Human Resources to join this fast-paced, high-volume, team-oriented environment. This opportunity is located in Washington, DC.
- Serve as the first and primary point of contact for candidates throughout the interview process, respond to candidate questions, provide updates on next steps in the process and market the firm as appropriate
- Schedule first and second-round interviews for candidates
- Solicit feedback from interviewers following interviews
- Coordinate decision meetings on final-round candidates
- Manage correspondence and communication with both interviewees and interviewers
- Maintain the integrity of the recruiting databases
- Process paperwork pertaining to offers, new hires and current employees
- Coordinate the scheduling of recruiting events, prepare collateral for events
- Assist in monitoring applicant volume and recommend job posting strategies
- Maintain recruiting trackers and reports, identify trends
- Bi-weekly concierge coverage, which includes but is not limited to, welcoming and providing assistance to all Advisory Board Company guests.
- Assist the recruiting team with overall recruiting goals
- Participate in special projects such as recruiting initiatives and team campaigns
- Bachelor s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- MS Office Experience
- Attention to Detail
- Interest in HR subject matter
- Leadership or Internship experience
- Must possess at least two of the following:
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working in an office
- Proven to be organized and task-oriented
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to take initiative and proactively provide suggestions, offer solutions
- Proven ability to communicate effectively by e-mail and phone with internal and external customers
- Ability to manage self to goals and deadlines
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Experience handling confidential information
- Interest in streamlining and improving processes by recommending improvements
- Experience in a Recruiting environment
ABOUT THE ADVISORY BOARD COMPANY:
The Advisory Board Company is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 5,500+ health care organizations and educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, The Advisory Board Company forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisoryboardcompany.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.