Associate, STS SALT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
BDO USA, LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The STS SALT Associate will be responsible for basic research and analysis of state and local tax (SALT) issues, along with utilization of tax software in the completion of basic tax returns and other tax filings and documents. In this role, the STS SALT Associate will have the opportunity to utilize his / her educational background while working side-by-side with more experienced Tax members who will provide direction and coaching related a range of state and local tax laws and resources.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters degree in Accounting beneficial
- Masters degree in Taxation preferred
- One (1) to two (2) years of prior experience required, exposure to State Local Tax issues preferred
- Prior internship or other work experience within an accounting setting or public accounting preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and basic research skills
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prepare simple tax returns
- Basic knowledge of appropriate application of tax standards to ensure effective and efficient delivery of tax services
- Basic knowledge of sources of relevant information utilized in tax filings as well as the most widely-used filing forms and awareness of other less widely used forms
- Basic knowledge and understanding of cause / effect for taxable conditions on clients and the potential tax issues
- Basic knowledge of accounting theory, filing methodologies, and frequencies for sales tax returns
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability