Associate Scientist II, Biologics and Target Biology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
An opportunity exists for a creative and highly motivated individual to have a key role in the execution of therapeutic and reagent antibody generation.
Schedule and implement antibody validation and generation requests
Develop and execute appropriate methods and experiments to enable efficient identification, and characterization of lead antibodies
Plan, conduct and oversee screening, selection and characterization of antibody candidates
Work closely and proactively with project teams to design and implement strategies for antibody generation and antibody validation using hybridoma-based strategies along with other methodologies
Collaborate across departments to ensure effective communication between teams.
Experience with Elisa, Western Blot (required), and good understanding of Immunohistochemistry methods are preferred
- Experience with studying signal transduction in cultured and primary mammalian cells using Elisa and Western Blotting (required)
- Experience with antibody discovery programs using mice and rabbits immunized with peptides or recombinant proteins. Experience with DNA or cell based antigens an asset
- Molecular biology techniques such as primer design, RT-PCR, cloning, vector design, Sanger sequencing required (Next Generation Sequencing an asset)
- Familiar with mammalian, insect and bacterial protein expression systems
- Protein QC using SDS-PAGE, SEC-HPLC and MSMS (required)
- Familiar with in vitro knock down technologies such as CRISPR and siRNA
- Direct experience in antibody screening using Elisa, FACS, and Western Blotting (required)
- Direct experience in the validation of phospho-specific antibodies for use in Elisa, Western blot and Immunohistochemistry (required)
- Expression and purification of antibodies and/or antibody fragments an asset
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Independently plans and executes assigned experiments that support non-routine research activities and project goals.
Applies advanced level of understanding project goals and methods.
Selects appropriate methods and techniques in performing experiments.
May design new experiments to advance scientific knowledge of drug substances or techniques to identify such substances.
Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and may proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
May lead functional group meetings. Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
Works independently and determines methods and techniques on new or difficult assignments.
Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires comprehensive evaluation of many factors.
Acts as a resource for other employees within the department.
Maintains high level of expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and applies appropriately to research projects.
Uses strong communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills to communicate objectives and results.
Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
14+ years of experience with BS degree in a related scientific discipline.
13+ years of experience with MS degree in a related scientific discipline.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :