Research Scientist I, Commercial Analytical Ops
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
With the commitment and drive you bring to the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining PDM at Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills for the Position:
* Supports method validation and method transfer for late stage development and commercial products
* Manages multiple projects, works closely with internal customers, CMOs and external vendors/contractors.
* Participates in or leads cross-functional project teams.
* Provides the highest quality analytical support, meets aggressive timelines while ensuring compliance to SOPS, protocols, cGMPs and safety regulations
* Supports global regulatory filings with regard to analytical method validation and method transfer.
* Has a strong grasp of the underlying science but able to take on additional operational responsibilities because of talent and indicated interest
* Maintains knowledge of principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the operational management and direction of the function in support of the Company s research and business interests.
* Demonstrates strong leadership skills
* Demonstrates high level of proficiency and responsibility
* Coordinates activities for members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation, considering economic and safety factors.
* Assists department head in general recruiting, training and development activities.
* Plans, designs and implements laboratory experimentation for method validation and method transfer.
* Works on a wide range of problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables, requiring regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
* Provides guidance to subordinates based on organizational goals and company policy. Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and schedules
* Considered an expert in area of responsibility within the organization
* Serves as a resource to management on the operational strategy of the research function and provides long term resource planning for equipment, laboratory space and staffing levels.
* Excellent scientific and business communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Responsible for conducting scientific research for the development of drug candidates or the research support of marketed drugs.
* Applies the principles and techniques of Analytical Chemistry to products and problems.
* Works under supervision of more senior scientists or scientific directors to advance the development of state-of-the-art techniques to characterize substances, assays and tools.
* Working under general supervision, plans designs, implements and analyzes laboratory experimentation to advance scientific knowledge of drug substances or techniques to identify such substances.
* Advises Research Associates or members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation, considering economic, regulatory and safety factors.
* Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
* Maintains full working knowledge of principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports Company interests.
* Demonstrates emerging ability in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and interpreting experimental outcomes.
* Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
* May make contributions to scientific literature and conferences or regulatory filings.
* Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills are required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* PhD with Post Doc in Chemistry with industry experience.
* BS or MS degree with extensive industry experience.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :