Research Associate, Immuno-Oncology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMD Serono is the biopharmaceutical division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, a global pharmaceutical and chemical group. We strive to create value and benefit patients by transforming medical science into breakthrough solutions in our core therapeutic areas of neurodegenerative diseases, fertility and metabolic endocrinology, as well as oncology and autoimmune/inflammatory diseases as emerging areas of expertise.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We have an opening for a talented Associate Scientist to join the ImmunoOncology platform at EMD Serono, Billerica, MA. The successful candidate will support the discovery of novel cancer immunotherapies. In his/her role, the candidate is expected to develop and conduct cellular immune assays to characterize small molecules or biologics that modulate the tumor immune environment and enhance the anti-tumor immune response. Applicants with prior experience in immunology are preferred.
* Independently plan and design experiments
* Establish and optimize biochemical and cellular immune assays
* Effectively record and report scientific results
* Interpret study observations and have a strong attention to details
* Multitask with effective written and verbal communication skills
* Actively interact and closely work with team members
* Participate and thrive in an interactive, dynamic, team oriented culture
Qualification and skills:
* Master s degree in immunology or related field with at least 2 years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting.
* Bachelor s degree in in immunology or related field with at least 5 years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting
* Hands on experience with isolation human primary cells and cell/tissues culture
* Hands on experience with flow cytometry and microplate based assays (e.g. ELISA, Luminex, etc)
* Good understanding and working knowledge with isolation and manipulation of human blood cells, in vitro T cell functional assays
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.