This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONMilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The chemist is responsible for the manufacturing of biopharmaceutical Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) regulated by the FDA. The chemist is responsible for following manufacturing protocols consistent with and established according to current Good Manufacturing Practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Perform production operations and responsibilities in the presence of the Customer, communicating with the Customer, the status of the operation
* Obtaining manufacturing procedures for the production operation and order chemicals
* Acquire equipment and ensure cleaning protocols have been performed and logged
* Ensure production area, chemicals and equipment are staged and ready for production operation
* Ensure production area and equipment are cleaned after production operation
* Ensure proper labeling of process areas and equipment
* Package and label special ordered BPCs and APIs ensuring compliance with FDA and cGMP guidelines
* At the change of shift, communicate the status of current unit operations and equipment. Communicate any process deviations or issues and evaluate manufacturing documentation for completeness
* Communicates deviations/ events, progress and interim results to Study Management.
* Informs supervisor of deviations or factors that may affect quality and accuracy of data.
* Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays.
* Assists with revisions to SOPs, laboratory records and other documentation as assigned.
* Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education (minimum requirements):
* BA/BS in scientific discipline (Chemistry, BioChemistry)
* Experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in cGMP environment
* Basic skills in applicable computer programs
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Works well in a team based environment
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
* 0-10% Travel required
* Maybe required to work overtime or flexible shifts (2nd or 3rd shift)
* Local candidate strongly preferred
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.