- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Associate Scientist is responsible for the accurate execution of laboratory experiments and contribution to the design of scientific procedures. This position is expected to aid in the development of scientific discovery and support Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) for the customer. An Associate Scientist may setup and conduct experiments, manage laboratory equipment, or follow other protocols under the direction of a laboratory services manager, researcher, or scientist.
* Under minimal supervision, performs routine qualitative and quantitative laboratory procedures following all safety protocols and GLP as defined by the customer
* Prepares experiments and samples for analyses
* Analyzes and accurately reports results, in a timely manner, to contribute to scientific meetings and project outcomes
* Operation and routine maintenance of laboratory instruments and troubleshooting procedures in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
* Accurately documents all procedures following customer requirements
Experience & Skills:
* Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups
* Strong communication skills
* Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
* Ability to understand and follow scientific protocols, policies and procedures
* Must be flexible, forward-thinking, and motivated
* Able to act independently and manage responsibilities while following scientific direction
* Must be able to lift 25lbs minimum
* Basic computing skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
* Skilled at prioritizing tasks, problem solving, and meeting deadlines
* BS/BA degree in applied/laboratory sciences with direct laboratory course work and 2-3 years direct laboratory experience
* Mass Spec acquisition experience (Waters XEVO or Thermo MS preferred)
* Ability to do basic QC check of data acquisition.
* Strong knowledge of Large molecule chemistry or Protein Biochemistry with protein digest and antibody experience a plus
* Working knowledge of experimental laboratory instruments and scientific products
* Experience with safe laboratory practices and procedures
* Previous experience working in a GLP/GMP facility a plus
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Typically works in an laboratory or production environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level
* The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 25 pounds with or without assistance.
* Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .