Associate Scientist, Viral and Gene Therapy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMD Millipore: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Associate Scientist will be part of a laboratory technical team to perform the high complexity assay development, tech transfer and validation of viral and gene therapy (VGT) test methods. As part of the VGT team, the ASIII will conduct development of high complexity assays and perform safety testing required to manufacture clinical and commercial products. The Associate Scientist is required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/ documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards.
Essential Job Functions:
* Function as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in cross functional discipline (Virology-Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Immunology)
* Perform product safety and characterization tests with viral vectors for gene and cell therapy
* Developing and applying best practices for compliance and customer deliverables
* Analyze and trouble shoot based on customer/client parameters
* Report on results and findings for customer testing
* Train and develop junior/new scientists, process best practices, and continue to develop competencies
* Collaborate with peers, leads, and supervisors in SME knowledge transfer where appropriate
* Work independently and utilize root cause analysis and critical thinking measures in defining and solving complex problems
* Additional work as assigned by Sr. Scientist, PI
This position will report to the Sr. Scientist/ Lab Supervisor for the VGT laboratory.
* Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences with a focus in Virology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Immunology . Preferably with a Masters degree.
* Minimum of 3 years industry experience in Viral, Gene, and/or Cell Therapy
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a lab setting, preferably working in virology, molecular biology or immunology.
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively
* Demonstrated high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
* Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills
* Master's Degree in Virology/Immunology with a focus in molecular or microbiology techniques
* 2-3 years of relevant lab and industry experience
* Experience with one of more of the following: Adenoviral Vectors, Adeno Associated Vectors (AAV), Lentiviral Vectors
* Experience with cell based characterization methods (qPCR, DDPCR, multiplex immunoassay development, immunoblots, florescent based measurements, virus characterization)
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
Assay development, validation, training, characterization, customization, client methodology integration transfer