Associate/Senior Associate, Market Risk
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate/Senior Associate in Financial Risk Management - Market/Treasury Risk for our KPMG Risk Consulting New York City practice.
- Complete financial risk management engagements related to key financial risks including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit, regulatory, commodity, treasury risks, and related operational controls
- Analyze and assess activities related to corporations or financial institutions including cash management, foreign exchange, investment, short-term borrowing, and pension fund management
- Review, validate, and develop Value-at-Risk, stress testing, extreme value theory, and dynamic financial analysis models
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Associate:
- Review derivative and capital market instrument pricing models
- Review operational risk management and internal control policies and procedures
- Develop and support risk management models for use in the production of client deliverables
- One year of relevant experience in the financial services industry or other advisory services practice
- Advanced degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, or a related major from an accredited college/university
- Basic understanding of financial products such as options, futures, forwards, swaps, foreign exchange, and bonds
- Experience with Basel III/liquidity management, capital management, or recovery resolution planning
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel approximately eighty percent of the time
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Additional Qualifications for Senior Associate:
- Prior advisory or project management experience
- Progressive experience leading teams and managing projects
- Trading, hedging, and risk management skills
- Strong knowledge of financial products such as options, futures, forwards, swaps, foreign exchange, and bonds
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .