Associate Senior Counsel
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/3/2017
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONDepartment Name
Legal Operations - Commercial
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
The successful candidate will report to the Associate General Counsel and be responsible for providing counsel specific to Eisai s pharmaceutical regulatory needs, including sales and marketing, scientific exchange and other medical activities, monitoring, co-promotions, and FDA standards for a variety of new and existing drugs as well as providing back-up counseling on issues relating to managed markets, including government pricing and customer contracting, reimbursement and trade relations matters. The successful candidate will work to ensure Eisai s compliance with pharmaceutical laws including the Anti-Kickback Statute, foreign bribery laws, False Claims Act, PhRMA Code and FDA regulatory guidelines.
1. Provides proactive and day-to-day legal support, advice and counsel as Chief Product Counsel on a variety of commercial and medical matters relating to assigned products, including promotional and medical affairs materials, labeling, sales training and media materials used in the Americas and beyond; as well as back-up counseling on managed markets, including government pricing and customer contracting matters, and reimbursement and trade relations activities.
2. Within supervision, manages the legal and reputational risks of assigned business clients.
3. Serve as the legal representative on global cross-functional review and event committees.
4. Proactively informs assigned business client of important legal, enforcement and other industry developments.
- JD degree and 7+ years of legal practice including a minimum of 3 years focused on providing counsel to the pharmaceutical industry;
- Member in good standing of a state bar;
- Experience in pharmaceutical law including Anti-Kickback, Anti-Bribery laws, False Claims Act, PhRMA Code and FDA Regulatory Guidelines;
- Strong knowledge of FDA regulatory, fraud and abuse and privacy law (HIPAA);
- Demonstrated skills managing multi-national projects involving multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to learn quickly and operate in a fast paced, matrixed environment;
- Able to participate on key teams and/or be involved in key projects;
- Developing leadership and managerial skills;
- Seeks to develop mentoring skills;
- Good knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and ability to identify and propose solutions to relevant legal issues and risks;
- Good level of oral and written communication skills, able to effectively present ideas, counsel and information to others;
- Ability to command respect from management;
- Demonstrates the following key leadership competencies: Embraces and Sells the Vision, Leads Innovation and Change, Promotes Accountabilities, Drives for Results, Leverages Business Acumen, Focuses on Customers & Business Partners, Builds Organizational Talent.
Auto req ID
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Vet