Associate - Senior Residential Review Appraiser
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 5/6/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: * Perform detailed appraisal reviews, with primary focus on all types of residential real estate in the Southern California market area, as well as on a National level. This position will report to the Director/Chief Appraiser, Consumer Finance in support of Risk Management goals and objectives.
* Perform detailed review and analysis of all types of residential appraisal reports prepared by vendors, to ensure these appraisals meet applicable standards, guidelines and techniques for compliance with Bank policies, procedures, applicable laws and regulations, as well as investor guidelines.
* Assist in managing valuation assignments for jumbo loans; including bidding and turn time negotiation, working closely with third party residential appraisers and valuation vendors and AMCs.
* Pro-actively identify high risk residential markets/property types and trends and identify solutions within the appraisal and review process based on this information.
* Technical appraisal consultant to residential mortgage and servicing business units and staff members.
Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* State Certified Appraiser (AR) with 5+ years of experience in all types of Residential Real Estate valuation in the Southern California market area.
* Background in appraisal review, National and GSE review experience preferred.
* Strong knowledge of appraisal regulatory requirements such as USPAP, Inter-agency Appraisal and Evaluation Requirements.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Highly developed organizational/planning and follow-up abilities with the capability of multi-tasking effectively and efficiently in a high-volume environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Strong analytic skills and decision making ability, desire to work independently and meet established production standards, proficient PC and appraisal software knowledge.