Associate Software Engineer - COBOL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Franklin Lakes, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Schedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20003777
This position is within Claims Adjudication COE in support of on-going development as well as business / product team alignment
* Partner with a multiple vendors to create estimates and delivery plans for projects at a capability level. Ensure quality of technology delivery of multiple vendors technology solutions for multiple concurrent projects at Capability level.
* Provide technology leadership and delivery accountability for solutions for multiple concurrent projects within an application family. (i.e. Claims, C&PS, or CS&DW)
* Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area. Recommend actions to increase ESI and vendor partner knowledge on team.
* Support activities of senior team members and architects
* Provide technical guidance to projects for components of a technology suites
* Participate in action to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
* Work on special projects as assigned.
Bachelor s degree in related field or equivalent work experience and 0-2 years relevant experience
Technologies include: COBOL, CICS, DB2
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field
Solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives
Strong customer service focus
Familiar with working in a vendor partner model
Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications
Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
Demonstrated team collaboration experience
*LI-CK1 ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Application Development is focused on creating, testing and deploying client and patient applications that run our renowned customized service delivery system. These teams use traditional and Agile application development disciplines, depending on client, partner and patient requirements. The following functional areas make up the Application Development community:
* HOME DELIVERY & APPLICATION SERVICES This team leads application development strategy and execution, and business relationship management for Home Delivery and patient systems. They also manage all centralized functions for quality assurance, release management and production support operations.
HOME DELIVERY Home Delivery oversees application development strategy and execution, including business relationship management for all Home Delivery, Contact and Digital systems.
PHARMACY BENEFIT MANAGEMENT (PBM) The PBM group is responsible for application design, development and strategy for all core PBM systems including Benefits & Eligibility, Clinical Programs, Coverage Review Determination, Supply Chain, Retail Networks, Client Data, Adjustments and Claims Adjudication. This team partners with Clinical Solutions, Client Services, Supply Chain, Operations, Product and Account Management to bring innovative solutions and service to clients and patients.
SPECIALTY The Specialty team manages application development, strategy and execution, and business relationship management for Specialty systems.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.