Associate Specialist Event Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Are you excited and passionate about consumer marketing? Do you have the curiosity and consumer-centric thinking that can shape great experiences? Do you have the drive to pursue and execute ideas against high standards, in a highly regulated industry? If you answered yes to all, we may want to speak with you.
We are currently seeking a highly qualified Associate Specialist Event Marketing to join our Digital and Marketing Services team in Richmond, VA.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing and executing event marketing programs and initiatives that deliver against brand objectives in a relevant, consumer-centric and financially disciplined way.
A successful candidate for the position possesses strong passion, critical thinking skills, curiosity, creativity and the drive to put the consumer first. We want a candidate with strong collaboration and communication skills to interact with cross-functional stakeholders.
The Digital and Marketing Services (DMS) organization creates revolutionary experiences for adult tobacco consumers 21 and older (21+) that drive on-going brand engagements through on-line and off-line marketing channels. Our DMS teams deliver experiential programs through various digital channels including web, mobile, apps, email, SMS/RMM and off-line channels such as event marketing in adult only facilities and the consumer call center. Our marketing channels provide a platform for adult tobacco consumers 21+ to connect with our brands in a relevant way. The programs we deliver have the power to influence attitudes, behavior and brand loyalty.
Digital and Marketing Services is part of Altria Group Distribution Company (AGDC). AGDC's role is to provide sales, distribution and consumer engagement services for Altria's tobacco operating companies. Digital and Marketing Services is focused on providing a competitive advantage for Altria's brands by achieving on-line and off-line leadership that results in adult tobacco consumer 21+ engagement and advocacy.
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies' brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country's top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria's mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Specific accountabilities include:
* Participation in planning and collaborative sessions, with internal and external cross-functional partners, to develop and deliver consumer-centric event marketing programs that allow adult tobacco consumers 21+ to connect with the brands.
* Management and execution of consumer-centric event marketing programs and initiatives within specified timelines and budget parameters to meet brand objectives. These may include mobile marketing units, flex tents, nightlife events, curated experiences and various retail initiatives.
* Analyzing quantitative and qualitative performance data identifying key learnings and insights to formulate well thought out recommendations.
* Reviewing and management of agreed upon scopes of work to ensure contract compliance.
* Coordinating, managing and participating in program, inventory and invoice audits.
* Working with cross-functional partners to develop and manage budgets.
* Management of day-to-day technology initiatives associated with core programs.
* Working with cross-functional partners to ensure AGDC is getting a quality service at a fair price from our agency partners.
* Actively participating in building the organization initiatives.
* A Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field of study is required.
* Experience in a consumer marketing field or brand management is preferred.
* An understanding of brands and marketing efforts in order to deliver high quality and high impact programs.
* The ability to work independently or in a team environment with a high degree of initiative and autonomy.
* The ability to effectively challenge while being open to diverse points of view.
* The ability to take initiatives from inception of ideas to actionable implementation.
* The ability to effectively communicate and present to a broad audience.
* The ability to resolve operational problems quickly and effectively.
* Strong organization and planning skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* The ability to travel up to 40% of the time. This may include weekends and holidays.
At Altria Group Distribution Company, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.