Associate System/Cyber Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
American Systems is currently seeking an Associate
(Junior to Mid Level ) level Cyber /System Analyst
to join our Cyber Security Team near the Fayetteville
North Carolina area.
The Associate System/ Cyber Analyst will participate in
* Performing daily, weekly and monthly system
administration support in a Virtual Private Cloud
(VPC) hosted by Amazon Cloud.
* Support may include but is not limited to the
* Creating backups via Amazon Images (AMIs), basic
observation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.X (RHEL)
and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems (OS) to
ensure optimal performance and generate reports
* Generates reports by aggregating data from a mobile
device manager (MDM).
* Conduct analysis, evaluation, and the preparation of
recommendations for systems improvements,
optimization, development, and/or maintenance
* Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities;
* Maintains the security posture by assessing current
situation; evaluating trends; anticipating
* Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining
security controls as directed by the program office.
* Maintains quality service by following organization
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing publications as
* May provide input on extensive environment system of
procedures (SOP) development.
Note * This positon is only funded until March 31st
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the top 100 employee owned
companies in the United States. Employer Ownership
means, that at AMERICAN SYSTEMS, we treat each other
with respect. Every member of our team has a vested
interest and benefits from MISSION SUCCESS. We all have
the same goals particularly in service to our
nation s War Fighters; providing, team focused,
mission essential support in challenging environments.
Being truly effective means pushing beyond basic
requirements. We build skilled and committed teams of
experts. We conduct our work with a sense of purpose;
loyal to the mission, our clients, each other and to the
long-term success of the company
* Associate's Degree AS/AA in science, engineering,
management, or other relevant field. Two (2)
additional years of experience may be substituted
for the degree
* At least two (2) years of recent experience in a
technical discipline relevant to stated requirements
such as EOD to include military or military support
operational experience that includes Individual
lED-related and Collective C-IED-related tasks,
communications, security, or intelligence programs.
* Ability to obtain CompTIA Security+ certification
within 60 days of joining the team.
* Must be proficient with Windows Server 2008 R2 and
have experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
6 operating systems.
Desired Skill/Education /Experience
* Experience in the areas of implementing encryption
solutions, key management, patch management,
identification and authentication administration,
Required Security Clearance : Candidate must have the
ability to obtain a SECERT security clearance after