- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Associate Systems Administrator/Engineer
Associate Systems Administrator/Engineer
Engineering & ETech
Share | |Email this job
ASSOCIATE SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR/ENGINEER
The Advisory Board Company
Keywords: Windows, Active Directory, ADFS, ePO, Citrix
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Enterprise Technologies department is seeking an Associate Systems Administrator to join the Enterprise Services team. This individual will build and support enterprise IT systems infrastructure and services across the Advisory Board s multiple sites and data centers. This position will play a key role in facilitating the organization s rapid growth by ensuring that new systems and technologies are selected and implemented in an optimal manner, and that existing systems are well-maintained.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington, D.C.
WHAT YOU\'LL BE DOING:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the enterprise systems infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise participate in root cause analysis and work to prevent future occurrences
- Build and maintain systems infrastructure including web servers, application servers, etc.
- Participate and lead efforts to evaluate, test, and introduce new technologies and approaches
- Create detailed documentation of current and planned systems
- Monitor system health and performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems on an on-call rotation basis
- Act as an escalation point for junior staff and the NOC team
- Perform scheduled maintenance activities after hours
- Track issues and maintain adherence to existing change control and escalation processes
- Lead project efforts through full lifecycle, including requirements gathering, scoping, implementation, and operational handoff
- 1+ years of experience in a systems administration role or 3+ years of experience in a Tier 3 technical support role
- Experience in the administration and support of Microsoft Windows and/or Linux servers
- Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2, CentOS
- Experience with Active Directory and GPO
- Experience with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Working knowledge of Internet technologies (IIS, Apache/Tomcat)
- Demonstrated ability to automate tasks through standard IT scripting technologies on Windows and Linux (PowerShell, Perl, Python, cron, etc.)
- Experience in a 24x7x365 data center and with cloud/SaaS technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with collaborative team skills
- Ability to think critically and solve complex issues
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot networking and server issues using appropriate monitoring and diagnostic tools
- Ability to prioritize across multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience working with sensitive information such as HIPAA, SOX, and financial data
- Able to work scheduled and on-call rotations (rotation will include weekends and holidays)
- Ability to travel domestically (less than 10%)
- Requires some physical labor; must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Bachelor s degree in a technical field
- Experience administering a McAfee ePO implementation, including Endpoint Encryption
- Experience with Citrix XenApp and other VDI technologies
- Experience with CommVault
- Experience using Microsoft Exchange
- Experience using Microsoft SCCM 2012/2016 or JAMF Casper
- Experience managing Microsoft and Apple desktop systems in an enterprise environment
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket, etc.)
ABOUT THE ADVISORY BOARD COMPANY
The Advisory Board Company is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 5,500+ health care organizations and educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, The Advisory Board Company forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisoryboardcompany.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
PERKS (A FEW OF MANY):
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.