Associate Tax Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Title: Associate Tax Analyst, Transfer Pricing Operations and Systems
Location: San Francisco, CA
This newly created position will be primarily responsible for the Company's transfer pricing computations and documentation. This role will also support Tax department's use of systems and applications, and will lead to many opportunities to become involved in high-profile tax operation projects. This position will be reporting to Manager, transfer pricing operations.
Salesforce's Tax department is constantly improving its operational efficiencies, but will especially need to scale in order to support one of the largest software companies in the world. We are seeking a candidate to help achieve operational excellence. The ideal candidate is one with strong analytical skills, creative problem-solving skills (an out-of- the-box thinker), and advanced skills in common software like MS Excel, MS Access, etc. Prior experience analyzing and manipulating data is key (e.g., financial analyst, financial accountant or cost accountant). Knowledge in tax is a plus, but not essential. The job duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Prepare transfer pricing adjustments and legal entity pretax book income for global tax provision and U.S income tax compliance
* Prepare quarterly reconciliation of the Company's intercompany accounts
* Assist with maintaining quarterly documentation in accordance with SOX 404 controls
* Understand Salesforce's functions and cost structure, assist with quarter-to- quarter and year-over- year variance analysis in transfer pricing adjustments
* Work with teams in Global Business Operations (GBO) to obtain relevant inputs to support transfer pricing positions and calculations
* Assist in developing and delivering quarterly analytics presentation to senior tax leaders
* Maintain and improve Microsoft Access Database that houses transfer pricing computations
* Contribute to improvements aimed at streamlining compliance and reporting processes or other tax operation processes
* Assist with advancing existing systems, tools or applications to improve data integration and financial modeling to support tax quantitative analysis, as well as tax process workflows
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting. Prior working experience in a high-growth technology company is preferred.
* A strong user of spreadsheets or databases who has intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge (examples: multi-conditional lookups such as sumifs or index/match, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) to further improve operational efficiency and build analytical models from scratch is highly preferred.
* Systems and technology oriented with a propensity towards utilizing technological solutions. Experience in financial systems and applications (i.e. Oracle, Hyperion, MS Access, etc.) is highly preferred.
* Hard working, quick learner with a positive can do attitude
* Embrace a methodical and linear approach to solving problems
* Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with strong ownership of his/her function, and able to prioritize and manage time effectively
* Results driven with high level of initiative, teamwork, urgency, accountability and integrity
* Demonstrates hands-on willingness to accept challenging projects outside areas of experience
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.