Emergint Technologies Inc - Rockville, MD
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Emergint Technologies is seeking an Associate Technician to join our team. This position is located in Silver Spring, MD. The successful candidate will have experience in managing, testing, operating, and maintaining data center systems.
· Develop or modify operating procedures and manuals
· Solve problems regarding network circuits, hardware, protocols, processing platforms hardware, software, facility systems and cabling
· Analyze and resolve hardware, software, tools, networks and facilities problems
· Provide documentation as necessary
· Coordinates activities with vendor maintenance organizations
· Supports integration and test activities as applications are migrated from the development to the operational environment
· Ensures feedback on test results, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction
· Ensures proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction.
Required Skills & Experience:
· Must possess substantial practical knowledge of: personal computer operations, several common office tools (i.e., E-Mail, Windows XP, MS Office Suite,etc), system hardware support, network (LANs and WANs) support
· Technical experience including network cabling, systems administration, installation, configuration, maintenance of server and network hardware
· At least two years experience in help desk or call center environment
· Understanding of data center operations including processes
· End user knowledge of fault management and ticketing systems
· Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills
· Understanding of network and server hardware
· At least two years of technical training beyond the high school level (vocational or college) which must have been related to IT functions including server operation
· Must have knowledge of customer support functions requirements.
High School plus at least 2 years of technical / vocational training
Emergint offers competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Vacation and paid Sick Leave. At Emergint, our people are our foundation, and our foundation is valued by our customer.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.emergint.com.
Emergint is an Equal Opportunity Employer