Associate Test Engineer 3
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at Www.kla-tencor.com.
KLA-Tencor has manufacturing sites across the globe, including Belgium, China, Germany, Israel, Singapore and Milpitas (CA). The Global Operations (GOPS) team, comprised of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Installation, and Quality, is responsible for manufacturing our leading-edge technology. We partner with our world-wide supply base and our design engineering teams to bring new products to market. The GOPS team is continuously working to build our products Better, Faster, Cheaper.
* Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies.
* Determines and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
* Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems.
* May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing.
* Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems.
* May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
Associate Test Engineer:
* SKILL: As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in creative and effective ways.
* JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
* SUPERVISION: Determine methods and procedures on new assignments. May provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
* EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 4 - 6 years of related experience.
* Perform complex opto-electromechanical assembly, alignment, calibration testing and shipping.
* Test in coming optics modules. Align laser and optics components.
* Troubleshoot and fix problems on optics modules.
* Maintain test transmission and interferometer test fixtures.
* Improve and update test procedure and process.
* Work with engineer to resolve technical issues.
* Position involves having to travel up to 50% of the time internationally.
* Position may involve having to work long hours and weekends.
* Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative is required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
* May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
* Requires experience in testing digital and/or analog systems.
* Ability to read complicated drawings, which utilizes mathematics, handbook formulas, and a variety of precision testing and measuring instruments.
* A BS degree, military technical training or equivalent vocational training is required
* Technical School with at least 4 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development