This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Signal Hill, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:The Warehouse Associate is responsible for daily customer order fulfillment activities within an assigned area(s) of a distribution facility. This position is responsible for demonstrating safety and operational expertise within a quality and productivity driven environment. This position will be required to proficiently perform at least one or more distribution-related activities (e.g. order filling, shipping, receiving) on a regular basis.
1.Perform one or more distribution-related functions that allow, as the business requires, assignment across various functions such as checking, picking, packing, replenishment, bin/bulk order fill, bin/bulk stocking, shipping, receiving/returns, sorting, or loading (as applicable to operation). Assignment to other functional tasks may be done on a daily or less than daily basis.
2.May, on occasion, operate a pallet jack to move product around
3.Contribute to a safe work environment through continuous focus on housekeeping and safety.
4.Demonstrate a commitment to our company's core values.
5.Interact with supervisors, leads, and/or work groups with information exchanges related to immediate tasks.
6.Participate in the implementation and contribute ideas and suggestions for continuous improvements to the distribution process in a group setting.
7.Work in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment. Qualifications:* High school diploma or equivalent education preferred
* Basic ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, using the English language
* Basic math skills (counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication)
* Basic computer skills (accessing and navigating the internet; familiar with the keyboard; opening, closing and saving documents)
* Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds regularly, up to 150 pounds infrequently
* Ability to push, pull, grasp, and fine manipulation of equipment using hands is ongoing throughout the work hours
* Walking on uneven surfaces possible, though infrequently
* Basic level experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Ability to work a flexible schedule is a plus (start shift early and/or stay until the work is complete)
* Exhibited good job performance and behavior as measured through indicators such as teamwork, attendance, quality and productivity, etc.
* One (1) year previous related experience preferred Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .