Associate Web Developer 8/12/2016
The Air Line Pilots Association, Int'l
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ALPA OFFERS COMPETITIVE SALARIES WITH EXCELLENT BENEFITS, INCLUDING: The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 54,000pilots at 31 U.S. and Canadian airlines) seeks an experienced Associate Web Developer for our Herndon, Virginia office.
Under the guidance of senior staff and management, the ASSOCIATE WEB DEVELOPER provides creative and technical services to advance and support the Association's web and online systems though application definition, development, testing, and post-implementation support. Collaborates with Web Architects, other Web Developers, and othertechnology specialists in the implementation of projects, primarily in Web and mobile application development. Follows technical architecture standards established by the Association and assists with problem resolution efforts. This is a junior position for the web development staff.
TRAVEL: 2 - 5 %.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT ONLINE PORTFOLIO LINK(S) SHOWING PREVIOUS WORK.
MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant area, e.g., Computer Science, IT, Web Applications, or related field, from an accredited college or university required; master's degree or completion of post-graduate courses in related field preferred; or, the equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
* Three (3) years of related experiencerequired, five (5) or more years strongly preferred. Additional applicable experience may be substituted for the academic requirement.
* Programming: Web Design, Mobile Application Development, Responsive Design, and Database Management strongly preferred.
* Proficiency with Visual Studio.Net; ASP.Net; C#, JAVA, SQL Server; and, Adobe (Photoshop/Illustrator) strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of the Microsoft .Net Framework and web services architecturerequired.
* Experience with project coordination and working with systems analysts, design, and requirements gathering strongly preferred.
* Knowledge/skills troubleshooting/debugging .NET code; UI/Frontend design; Responsive Design; Mobile Application Development; server setup (Windows/IIS); and, Web services.
* Proficiency with Web-based security strongly preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with all levels of contacts, internal and external.
* Must be a self-starter with professional maturity and sound judgment, capable of independent decision-making.
* Must possess strong time management skills; be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment; and, transition easily between projects.
* Demonstrated ability to work as an integral part of a team.
* Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
_Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below. _
Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move about the office, determine what others have said or written, and converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office and travel locally and nationally; international travel may be required infrequently. Also include occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.
Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). While on travel, may be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, boxes, cases, and/or files weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
ALPA OFFERS COMPETITIVE SALARIES WITH EXCELLENT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
* 26 days paid vacation and holidays per year;
* Generous sick and bereavement leave;
* Generous health care benefits - PPO, two HMO's (where available) and a High Deductible Health Plan which includes coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employee, spouse, and/or dependent children;
* Company-paid premiums for disability and life insurance;
* $2 for $1 matching 401(k) retirement savings plan; Roth 401k;
* Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts; and
* Retiree health plan.
THE AIR LINE PILOTS ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
RELOCATION NOT PROVIDED.