Asst Superintendent - Golf Course Maintenance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Assumes the responsibilities of the Director in his absence. These responsibilities include the maintenance and operation of the golf course as well as all communication with management and related departments.
* Supervise, train and inspect golf course maintenance staff in performing complex cultural tasks including fertilization, pesticide applications, mowing, aerifying, topdressing, irrigation repairs and irrigation computer programming and all other golf course maintenance procedures.
* Maintains accurate records pertaining to employees, chemicals, fertilization, accidents and any other record keeping requirements.
* Reports any discrepancies in safety, improper equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
* Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of all golf course equipment in the best interest of owner.
* Assists in annual budget and capital improvement requests.
* Reports and recommends any changes to procedures or training.
* Must be available 7 days per week and will be asked to work varied hours.
* Effectively interview, evaluate and train additions to staff
* Experience in golf course and turf management
* A degree or advanced education pertaining to the science of golf course management.
* Aptitude for administrative and executive responsibilities including effective oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
* Must obtain and maintain state sanctioned pesticide application certification within 6 months of employment
* Thorough understanding of the proper use of fertilizers and their application
* Thorough understanding of the proper irrigation of turf as it relates to turf health and course conditioning.
* Ability to prepare the golf course for play according to the rules of golf.
* Valid Drivers license.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: