Athletic Trainer - 9/12/2016
San Bernardino, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION TITLE:
Athletic Trainer Certified
1. The athletic trainer will be able to demonstrate an ability to perform the following functions regarding athletic injuries: prevention, assessment, treatment, (including first aide) and reconditioning as set forth by the NATA Board of certification.
2. The athletic trainer will demonstrate proper taping, strapping, bracing, and fitting of athletic equipment.
3. The athletic trainer will carry out all prescribed treatments and recommendations by the team/program/event physician.
4. The athletic trainer will maintain NATA and CPR certification in accordance with those respective institutions.
5. The athletic trainer will cover assigned pre-season physicals, sports games or matches, and related events under the supervision of the program manager.
6. The athletic trainer must demonstrate knowledge of the principals of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the athlete?s status and interpret the appropriate information.
Education: Minimum of bachelor?s degree in health related field, with current NATA certification
Experience: One or two years in athletic training setting preferred. Entry level graduates with NATA certification will be considered.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Must be able to assist with or transfer athletes of various weight/heights.
2. Must be able to push carts with athletic equipment on them.
3. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, have good mobility skills and be able to walk long distances.
4. Must demonstrate ability to communicate to give adequate directions and instructions to subordinates.
5. Must be able to carry training kit and coolers for long distances.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.
Please submit resume for review