This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ATI Powder Metals, an Allegheny Technologies Company, is a recognized world leader in the production of specialty alloys including titanium, nickel and specialty steel for the aerospace, biomedical, oil & gas, chemical processing and nuclear industries. We are seeking qualified candidates for the following position in Oakdale, PA.
Atomizer Operator - ATI Powder Metals, Oakdale, Pennsylvania
Primary Function: Prepare, maintain and operate the atomizing unit including: preparation of the melt chamber and equipment, charging furnace, ensuring heat chemistries are within specification, preparation of liquid prior to atomizing, operation of the atomizer ensuring that assigned parameters are followed during the pour.
Job Duties: Prepare, maintain, and operate the atomizing unit and to follow specific written procedures for:
* Dismantling melting equipment
* Dismantling atomizing chamber
* Shutdown of liquid station
* Maintenance of all necessary ceramic equipment and fixtures for melting, pouring, atomizing; includes making tundishes, pouring and funnel transitioning as needed and setting of new ceramic runner box, and installation and maintenance of thermocouples.
* Assembling and inspecting atomizing plate and atomizing hold-down ring.
* Following weight chart for making heats, checking weights and materials and processing weight slip on each charge.
* Operate instruments used to monitor process variables.
Assemble equipment for melt chamber, atomizing chamber, and feed hopper operation and completion of the melting process to tap and liquid argon preparation prior to atomizing and during atomization. This includes:
* Inspection, cleaning and preparation of the melt chamber and equipment
* Preparation of the atomizing chamber for operation and alignment with the melt chamber.
* Charging the furnace, cleaning and fitting of necessary apparatus to bring the unit to the start melting stage.
* Operation of unit to bleed-up of melt chamber to atmosphere and preparation to tap which includes making certain that individual heat chemistries are within specification.
* Prepare liquid argon prior to atomizing and during atomization.
* Ensure that assigned parameters are followed during pour.
* Operate Atomizer.
* Handle powder as needed.
* Tape test cleaned equipment as needed.
* Enter all necessary documentation in log and obtain required powder samples.
* Perform removal and installation of furnace into melt chamber.
Maintain inventory for supplies, equipment and spare parts.
Maintain good housekeeping by keeping work areas clean, orderly, and free of safety hazards and taking care of tools and equipment through 5S implementation.
Adhere to company safety policies by attending mandatory safety meetings; developing safe work habits; providing suggestions for a safer workplace and being aware of fellow employees.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
ATI Metals and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Qualified candidates will possess:
* General high school diploma or GED
* Use ordinary arithmetic
* Use gauges, controls, maintain required records and reports
* Previous experience in a metals manufacturing environment is desirable
* Fork truck experience is desirable
* Must be willing to work shifts
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled