Attorney Recruitment and Development Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Director will responsible for coordinating all aspects of legal recruiting and attorney development for the Washington, DC associates and counsel. The position will report to the Chief Administrative Officer in D.C., and involve coordination and collaboration with the Chief Officers in the New York office, and D.C. Hiring Partner, D.C. Assigning Partner, and D.C. Managing Partner. Specific duties include, as follows:
Engage in Washington office attorney-related personnel and professional development matters, including new attorney arrivals, evaluations, compensation, morale-related initiatives, departures and promotions, training and development, and assigning, working closely with Chief Legal Personnel Officer, and Chief Professional Development Officer, and D.C. Managing Partner and D.C Assigning Partner.
* Oversee preparation for arrivals and orientation of newly hired attorneys
* Locally manage attorney evaluation program, coordinating with the relevant Legal Personnel Managers in New York
* Assist attorneys by providing advice, coaching and guidance on professional issues as needed
* Support D. C. Assigning Partner to coordinate associate work assignments
* Assist in implementation of Career Development Plan initiatives
* Oversee attorney departure procedures
* Conduct attorney exit interviews and report periodically to the Chief Administrative Officer in D.C.,Chief Legal Personnel Officer and Chief Professional Development Officer on feedback
* Collaborate with relevant personnel in New York on firm-wide diversity and women s initiatives
* Coordinate with Professional Development and Training Department to ensure appropriate training programs and related initiatives are delivered in Washington
* Serve as a Washington Office resource generally for firm policies and procedures
* Interact regularly with the D.C. Managing Partner on attorney related matters
In conjunction with the Attorney Recruitment and Development team, oversee the associate and counsel recruitment program, including lateral hiring, on-campus recruitment and the summer associate program, working closely with the D.C. Hiring Partner, and Chief Recruitment Officer in New York.
* Oversee on-campus recruitment
* Manage all aspects of the summer associate program
* Manage hiring of incoming associates laterally and from clerkships
* Cultivate legal headhunter and law school career office r