Attorney - Spirit Aerosystems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Reporting to a Deputy General Counsel, this position is responsible for assisting with the oversight of corporate governance at numerous subsidiary entities, assisting with corporate governance matters for the public company parent, and assisting with the preparation of the Proxy Statement for the Annual Shareholders Meeting and other SEC and public company filings. This individual must have previous corporate governance experience, including SEC filings, and some experience with commercial transactional matters. Previous inhouse experience is preferred.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Assisting with oversight of corporate governance for subsidiary entities, including board meetings, regulatory filings, and entity management; supervise corporate paralegals in subsidiary corporate governance matters.
* Assisting with securities law matters, including primary responsibility for preparation of the proxy statement and assist with preparation of SEC Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, 4 and 5.
* Assisting with corporate governance matters for parent (public company), including advising the Governance Committee of the Board of Directors.
* Assisting with compliance with public company listing standards, including NYSE requirements.
* Researching legal principles and precedents.
* Consulting with outside counsel on legal strategies on particular issues.
* Coordination of legal projects as needed and assigned.
* Providing oversight of other members of the department on corporate governance, SEC and public filing requirements and other matters within the individual's areas of responsibility.
* Assessing and developing strategies for effective risk mitigation.
* Assisting on a variety of transactional and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions and other special projects.
Basic Qualifications and Work Experience:
* Undergraduate and lawdegrees from accredited schools required, as well as high academic standing.
* Must be a current member in good standing of the Kansas Bar or have the ability to become licensed to practice law in Kansas within 6months of employment.
* Minimum 7years as a licensed practicing attorney, preferably in a major law firm, with a practice focus on corporate securities and corporate governance matters. Experience with transactional and commercial matters preferred. Inhouse experiencepreferred.
Skills, Abilities, and Work Style:
* Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
* Must have the ability to perform well under pressure.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with employees at all levels of the company, including in communications to and with the company's executive leadership team and the Board of Directors.
* Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to perform efficiently and effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity