Attorney ll 8/16/2016
Financial Services Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. Assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries.
* Develop or facilitate development of contracttemplates and othercontracting tools to be used by sourcing teams
* Review, edit and draft strategic sourcing agreements, including statements of work, SaaS agreements, software distribution agreements, and NDAs (for products for internal use and resale) for US and non-US vendors
* Advise business people and senior management during negotiations about contractual risks which create legal and business exposure . Identify risks; facilitate internal review of issues, and obtain management/legal resolution. Exercise sound judgment in determining when matters require the involvement of other parts of the business or the Law Department
* Advise contract managers on more complex legal provisions of sourcing contracts
* Advise sourcing teams and senior management on contract interpretation, supplier disputes, and dispute resolution up to the point of formal dispute or litigation.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of procedures, processes, code of conduct and policies, especially the Contracts Policy and the Procurement Policy; maintain understanding of commercial contractual laws and practices within the information technology industry; possess working knowledge of solutions (products and services) and capabilities.
* Develop and provide education to internal organizations regarding contracting best practices, risk mitigation, compliance and other relevant topics.
* LawDegree and member of one State bar, preferably Georgia
* At least 8-12years commercial contracting experience preferably in technology product procurement
* In depth knowledge of procurement contracts including IT hardware and software, SaaS and other services
* Knowledgeable on data protection and securitylaws
* Requires conceptual and innovative thinking (i.e. identifying solutions); able to articulate complex ideas both legal and technical in nature
* Excellent communication skills with ability to negotiate internally and externally at high levels; strong writing skills and attention to detail
* Strong time management skills and ability to work under short deadlines with minimal advance notice and minimal supervision; self-sufficient and independent
* Ability to identify legal issues and escalate as appropriate to legal experts and within the business, and use independence judgment, to conduct contract negotiations with limited supervision
* Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills