Auction Inspector - Part Time - Orlando, FL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou are in the driver s seat, when you join SGS as an Auction Inspector. What do we mean* At SGS, you will be one of the many employees proud to work for us, the world s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We have more than 80,000 employees and operate a network of more than 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world. You are in control of how you drive your career here. Infinite possibilities are available for people who are motivated, have an entrepreneurial mindset and are committed to quality and safety. Successful employees are rewarded for their energy to deliver, ability to act quickly and above all, act with integrity.
While at SGS, you have the freedom to reach your own potential with a strong, well established, global leader and receive the recognition you deserve. At the same time, in the Auction Inspector role you have the chance to do the type of work you enjoy and get paid by the hour, not per vehicle.
You are destined to be an SGS Auction Vehicle Inspector if you are equipped to:
* Inspect and process autos for GM Remarketing and other customers.
* Notate damages on remarketing vehicles per customer guidelines using hand held inspection device.
* Perform weekly inventory of vehicles as needed.
* Create accident appraisal forms as needed.
* Perform other duties as directed
* At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
Experience in the automotive industry is great but isn t required. We will happily train motivated individuals who have no or little automotive experience. In this role, you will be provided all necessary training and equipment to properly inspect vehicles. This role is for you if you are looking for a position where you can use your communication skills, have limited supervision and variety that takes you out and about during daylight hours and in all weather conditions.
In turn, our full-time Auction Inspectors, working 40+ hours, receive competitive pay and benefits including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, flex spending and company paid life insurance policy.
We invite you to drive with us if you have the following qualifications:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Must be able to perform inspections outdoors in all weather conditions.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
* Must be able to stoop or bend.
* Must be able to lay on ground to inspect undercarriage of vehicles as required.
* Must be able to use hand held inspection device and possess some computer skills.
* Must have solid communication skills.
* Must be able to work well with customers and other vendors.
* Must be independent, reliable, trustworthy, and be able to work with little to no supervision.
* Must display good judgment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.