Audiologist - Part Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital(BWFH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAudiological Services include:
1. Otoscopic examination of external ear canal-performed to evaluate the amount of cerumen present in the ear which may effect tests of hearing as well as making ear impressions and fitting hearing protection.
2. Hearing Evaluation- an assessment to determine the severity and the nature of hearing loss and to determine whether aural rehabilitation is necessary.
3. Tympanometry- an evaluation designed to detect middle ear abnormalities caused by conditions such as middle ear fluid, infections and eardrum abnormalities.
4. Aural Rehabilitation- provision of hearing care by selecting, evaluating and facilitating adjustment of hearing aids and assistive listening devices.
5. Industrial Hearing Testing- provide a baseline and annual hearing testing as part of a hearing conservation program.
6. Hearing Aid Dispensing- a service which includes selection and fitting of an appropriate hearing aid or device. Also provided is repair and modification of the device.
7. Counseling- provided for personal adjustment of the effects of hearing loss and the benefits and limitations of amplification.
8. Quality Improvement- measurement of functional outcomes, consumer satisfaction, effectiveness, efficiency and cost benefit of practices and programs to maintain and improve the quality of audiological services.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the director of the department
10. No Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities
11. Budgetary Responsibilities include managing expense and revenue accounts, assisting with budget development
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 162 bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why weve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If youre looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Womens Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
Masters Degree of Sciences or Arts in Audiology (MSc or MA). The higher standard is an audiologist who has obtained a Doctorate Degree in Audiology (AuD).
Massachusetts license for Audiology and a Certificate of Clinical Competency in Audiology (CCC-A) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). Brigham and Womens Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.