This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
BDO USA, LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Audit Associate will be responsible for preparing financial statements with disclosures, applying basic areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position may also be involved in reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters in Accountancy or other relevant field preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- Accounting based internship preferred
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exams upon starting employment required
- CPA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools preferred
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Takes appropriate actions without being asked
- Basic understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private company
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability