This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKPMG LLP's Federal Audit practice currently performs the consolidated financial statement audits for many of the executive branch departments and agencies. The firm is continuing to look for experienced Federal auditors to join its thriving practice. We are currently seeking Associates to join our Federal Audit practice in our Washington, DC office.
This distinct opportunity is for qualified candidates to join one of the area's fastest growing audit practices, which can offer you with extraordinary advantages including:
- Excellent Federal audit and accounting training tailored to your needs
- Exposure to diverse Federal industries
- Advancement based on your individual capabilities
- Team environment that fosters collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Leading audit technology tools, and much more
- Opportunities to utilize your Top Secret and Secret clearances and to serve clients in Civilian Agencies, Department of Defense, and the 'Intel' world.
- Execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements of various clients including Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registrants
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to senior associates, managers and partners
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient
- Understand and utilize KPMG's Audit Methodology
- One year of current and/or recent audit experience in public accounting
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university and eligible to sit for the CPA exam in their home office state
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
- Ability and willingness to travel
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .