This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/31/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top ten providers of accounting in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
If you are an accomplished audit professional with a passion for success and a strong desire to continue developing your skills in a growth-oriented career, we are the organization for you. At CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) you will have the opportunity to pursue the career path that best fits you, your goals and your lifestyle. You will gain professional knowledge and personal insight, enjoy career and life fulfillment, and live beyond your career goals.
CBIZ and MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to assist you in achieving your professional goals in the accounting profession. You will be able to achieve the success you desire in a time frame based on your ability to assume responsibility and advance. Ultimately, you are given the opportunity to determine the speed with which you move along your career path at CBIZ and MHM.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
* Responsible for business development; coaching staff and managers on business development strategy
* Demonstrate proactive client contact; viewed as a trusted business advisor
* Grow business practice; add new clients; expand services of existing clients allocating business to leaders within business unit
* Leverage expertise and industry acumen into cross serve opportunities and new engagements
* Prepared to oversee large challenges to completion
* Has direct profit responsibility for specialty practice and/or department
* Responsible for ongoing planning, marketing and business development of a specialized department
* Responsible for practice budget and variance analysis
* Responsible for practice billing and timely collection of fees
* Serve as business unit s resident specialist in tax, audit or other specialty
* Ensure quality control standards are met
* Participate in various administrative aspects of managing the department including overcoming roadblocks to take engagements to completion
* Drive a team environment; demonstrate support of management decisions and builds a positive culture
* Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
* 8 years of experience in public accounting
* 6 years supervisory experience
* Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
* Strategic thinking and ability to present innovative solutions
* Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Proven high level of business integrity, client service and leadership skills
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Come grow your career with CBIZ & MHM! Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf