Audit Leader, Validation of Regulatory Findings
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
The Inspection Group, as the Bank's periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks. The Audit Leader is primarily responsible for the follow up and validation of Treasury (ALM, Liquidity, IRR), Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk, Incentive Compensation, Finance findings issued by the Inspection Group and by Regulatory Agencies. The Audit Leader is expected to support and execute the Inspection Group's findings follow up methodology through direct follow-up or through participation in Audits as well as continuous monitoring activities. The Audit Leader will have regular interactions with other team members, business units, and/or the regulatory relations group in the course of their daily activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Leads large and complicated, integrated audits as the Head of Assignment. Responsible for the related audit scoping, planning, evaluating, reporting, and supervising.
2. Completes continuous monitoring activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact the timing of the next audit assignments.
3. Prepares, updates, and/or reviews risk assessments for assigned auditable entities.
4. Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to address audit recommendations or completes 2nd level of supervisory review over audit recommendation closure over non-complex findings.
5. Communicates effectively, clearly, concisely, and accurately using written and verbal communications with all levels of management.
6. Demonstrates emerging expertise in audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge.
7. Manages and supervises audit assignments to assure that bank Inspection Generale and the Bank Inspection Group policies and procedures are adhered to on audit assignments.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Bachelor's Degree in applicable and related field
* Required license(s) or certification(s) CIA, CISA, CPA, CAMS, and/or CRCM
Minimum years of audit and /or riskexperience: Typically 8+ years
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
Primary focus of role is on day-to-day deliverables, developing solutions based upon subject expertise, and occasionally representing the department at a broader level.
Maintains current on industry developments affected areas of assigned responsibilities.
Demonstratable strengths in one or more of the following:
BANK AUDIT ACTIVITIES
Bankinglaws and regulations; region and branch banking operations; asset and liability management; treasury (including derivatives); lending (including evaluation of loan loss reserve, syndication desk, and other real estate owned); expenditures; deposits; PC and telephone banking (including FCC requirements); related systems; etc.
CREDIT AND COUNTERPARTY ACTIVITIES
Commercial and industrial lending; commercial real estate; tradefinance; consumer lending; financial statement analysis; loan underwriting and structure; valuation; highly-leverage transactions; accounting standards; Uniform Commercial Code; capital markets and other non-traditional credit areas including off-balance sheet credit risk; etc.
ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
Enterprise Risk Management practices for large, complex banking organizations (LCBOs); capital management and planning; stress testing; model risk governance and management; operational risk; financialreporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); budgeting; cost accounting (including transfer pricing and cost allocation); incentive programs; etc.
IT AUDIT ACTIVITIES
Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) requirements; application development and maintenance; computer operations; technical services; communications; information security (including system access control software, firewalls and encryption); end user computing (including Internet, local and wide area networks, client server technology, and PCs); contingency planning; operating systems (including associated program products); database structures and access methods; system analysis and design; programming and data extract languages and techniques; etc.
TRUST AUDIT ACTIVITIES
* Common law and trust regulations; account administration (including ERISA requirements); operations; investment management; mutual funds (including SEC requirements); real estate; trust tax; financialreporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); related systems; etc.
* Responsible for providing development and technical support on the key applications for the Inspection Group as well as acting as the primary technology liaison for the Inspection Group with the Bank and bank Inspection Generale (IG). The successful candidate will have a solid VBA development background, strong understanding of the Bank's technical infrastructure, and a desire and aptitude to learn and deploy new technologies; etc.