Audit Manager (rotation program)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn this position you will join our Audit/Finance Development Program . The Executive in Training program was established in 2008 to develop the future finance leaders. In this exciting program, harness your current professional experience to take your career to a new level within Finance. Your first role (24-30months) will be in our Corporate Audit organization, followed by placement in the broader Finance function. During your time in Internal Audit, you will focus on gaining the following critical skills:
* Knowledge: Understanding of the frims business providing the future finance leaders with business insights in their future positions
* Project Management Expertise: Delivery of a challenging audit plan develops project management expertise that can be leveraged to other roles
* Relationship Building and Network Creation: Gaining advantage by creating a network across the business that one can utilize throughout their career
* Risk Framework and Assessment: Understanding critical risk profile and the importance of risk management; acting as an ambassador for risk throughout one's career
* Highly Effective Business Partnering: Internal Audit continuously develops communication, conflict management skills and executive presence
* Innovation and Adaptability: Continually raising the bar to deliver an innovative audit product that is meaningful and relevant for our client and the larger business community
* Conduct comprehensive assessments of firm's operating processes and controls.
* Proactively assess risks, plan and execute audit deliverables.
* Communicate audit results and recommendations to senior management.
* Generate and drive improvement efforts.
* Develop world class communication and leadership skills.
* Manage operational and compliance audits of business units, functions and processes.
* Perform the following with little or nosupervision:
* Conduct preliminary surveys of audit areas to define scope.
* Prepare planning memos and engagement letters.
* Develop audit programs ensuring complete coverage and analysis of assigned areas.
* Prepare and assemble working papers for assigned audits.
* Prepare auditreports and review findings with IAD management and the client.
* Act as department resource for knowledge in a critical subject matter area and/or of key business processes.
* Review associates' work and provide feedback. Provide quality control and ensure that all work is performed according to IIA Standards.
* Ensure that issues or problems are addressed and communicated appropriately in a timely manner.
* Develop and communicate recommendations which resolve or prevent errors and enhance controls within the audited entity.
* Provide timely status reports to audit sponsor regarding progress of activities and issues.
* Serve as project manager of moderate to large audits with moderate to high complexity and perform special reviews as requested.
* Formally meet with client senior management to discuss audit issues and agree on a recommended course of action.
* Draft auditreports in accordance with department standards and metrics.
* Supervise and participate in the completion of multiple assignments on time and within budget, while meeting quality standards.
* Support the annual risk assessment process and the development of the business process audit plan.
* 5+ years of experience, with 2years in Big 4 Public or National Accounting firm, or comparable business experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or other related degree is required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
* One professionally recognized certification (Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent certification in Internal Auditing or Computer Security).
* Familiarity with relevant frameworks and methodologies related to SOX and IT Audits.
* Experience in a variety of common platforms, such as, Windows, Active Directory, UNIX, Linux, AS/400, z/OS.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Moderate out of town and local travel, estimated at 25% per year.