Audit Senior Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 7/22/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to guide your success in the accounting profession. Training is provided through our National Training and Professional Development programs which are specifically designed to develop advanced accounting knowledge.
As a key member of the audit team, the Senior Associate is responsible for:
* Managing, understanding and assisting with planning multiple audit assignments in Manufacturing, Distribution, Not-For-Profit and Benefits Plans and many more industries
* Developing an understanding of client's business, and becoming a "functional expert" in the area
* Execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements.
* Manage client engagements from start to finish, including managing the budget, planning, executing, directing staff and completing financial statements and audits
* Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
* Preparing all necessary financial statement and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
* Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and upper management.
* Utilize proactive, effective communication with management, staff and clients
* Keeping abreast of latest developments and ensuring professional development through ongoing education
* Recognizing and informing senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
* Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
* Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
* Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns on MHM audit methodology
* The position offers an opportunity to work with a diverse client base
* Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
* 4-5+ years of experience in public accounting or related field preferred
* 1+ year supervisory experience preferred
* CPA candidates preferred
* Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, including proficiency in GAAP and GAAS rules, procedures and standards
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf