This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is an established, successful CPA firm located in Marin County, California. The firm offers a broad variety of business advisory services to their clients, inclusive of audit/assurance/attestation; tax preparation business financial planning; forensic accounting, and litigation support. The firm's clients span across multiple industries inclusive of for-profit and not-for-profit companies, as well as high net worth individuals.
This is an exciting opportunity to significantly contribute your expertise to the growth of the firm, while truly achieving Work/Life balance. The firm's clients are based locally in the Bay Area. This role does not requiretravel, but you may commute to clients in neighboring California counties a few times per year.
Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits.
The Audit Senior role is a newly-created position to address the continued growth our client has achieved. In this role, you will work directly with clients as well as with the firm's partners and managers to complete the activities associated with attestation services. The growth potential is to eventually manage these engagements on your own with minimal direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conduct assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end: Perform, assist and supervise audits, reviews and compilations for various types of clients.
* Prepare and analyze financial statements, evaluate internal controls, and communicate effectively with clients.
* Identify and communicate issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
* Supervise junior auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables.
* Ensure audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
* Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
* Obtain and review evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented.
* Ensures adherence at all times to firm and professional standards.
* Communicate assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results.
* Organize personal effort along with those of junior auditors to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times.
* Develop positive relationships with client personnel.
* Identify potential opportunities for new and/or extended client services.
* Ensure adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression - proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities.
* Evaluate performance of junior staff on an annual basis.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent major.
* 3-5 years of external audit experience, within a public accounting firm.
* CPA certification is required.
* Demonstrates knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP), United States Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (U.S. GAAS) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards.
* Exposure to accounting for not-for-profit organizations desirable but not mandatory.
* Comfort level & preference for working within a small firm environment.
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to foster an environment of collaboration and excellence.
* Consistent success in building and developing strong client relationships.
* Ability to work with client management and stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes.
* Mentorship and people development capabilities.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills including comfort with executive audiences.
* Strong attention to detail with the ability to think strategically.
* Creativity, confidence, and flexibility.
* Enthusiastic personality with an entrepreneurial spirit.