Audit Senior Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 6/27/2017
BDO USA, LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Assurance Senior Manager is responsible for developing suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures as well as advising the client on various economic and regulatory risks in a specific industry field of expertise by identifying financial and non-financial performance measures, formulating and communicating the audit plan, answering complex questions involving GAAP and GAAS and composing technical consultation memos on engagements related to GAAP / GAAS issues. In this role, the Assurance Senior Manager is charged with marketing, networking and business development within an area of expertise while maintaining key client relationships and acting as the primary contact for clients regarding complex questions and information. Additionally, the Assurance Senior Manager is a critical part of the offices / region s Assurance leadership team and will be involved in the direct supervision, problem resolution and delegation stages of the overall audit.
- Bachelors or Master s degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- MBA/Masters in Accountancy is a plus
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years prior work experience required
- Prior significant supervisory experience required
- Must have significant SEC/public company audit experience, primarily in manufacturing/distribution and/or Technology sectors, primarily with a national/international firm
- Licensed CPA or international equivalent required
- Experience in the use of various assurance applications and research tools as is appropriate for this level
- Microsoft Office Products, including Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and be a role model to managers and staff
- Advanced GAAP and GAAS knowledge
- Sound working knowledge of SEC and PCAOB rules
- Possess proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent people development and delegation skills, including training/instruction and engagement scheduling and budgeting
- Possess executive presence - need to be able to be primary contact for the client, prepare and present presentations to clients and potential clients
- Possess excellent client development/relationship-building skills
- Possess excellent decision-making skills
- Able to substantially take charge of entire simple engagement
- Able to resolve complex accounting issues
- Able to be responsible for business development and marketing
- Has knowledge of and is able to promote the use of all BDO client service specialties/offerings, including BDO International and the BDO Alliance
- Able to be responsible for engagement profitability, including billings and collections, and maintaining engagement team focus on productivity and efficiency
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability