This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. SOX 404 TESTING
* Assist in the completion of Sarbanes Oxley independent testing of financial controls
* Coordinate, participate and document walkthroughs of major Company
* Coordinate, plan and complete testing of internal controls
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Process Owners
* Identify all significant control weaknesses.
* Draft and present findings and recommendations to Internal Audit management and audit clients.
* Make suggestions for improvements to internal controls and control environment.
2. BUSINESS PROCESS REVIEW / IT AUDITING
* Quickly learn new business processes, company operations and activities and determine areas of greatest risk.
* Acquire an understanding of corporate policies and procedures and the functional business disciplines being reviewed to ensure that audit procedures are appropriate, timely, and effective.
* Be knowledgeable of and able to articulate internal audit department polices.
* Responsible for determining scope and areas to be reviewed based on risk analysis
* Conduct research and client interviews consistent with the defined Internal Audit process.
* Develop in depth understanding of risks and controls related to assigned audit areas
* Evaluate the system of financial and operational controls to achieve company objectives.
* Perform reviews utilizing established guidelines to analyze the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with corporate procedures.
* Perform audit test procedures and identify and communicate issues on a timely basis.
* Prepare detailed audit documentation and working papers for assigned areas in accordance with internal audit policies, standards and guidelines
* Prepare detailed written observation memos and audit reports that include value add audit recommendations
* Develop positive working relationships and alignment with audit clients during the planning, execution and reporting phases of the audit
* Share knowledge and seek assistance appropriately.
* Prepare and communicate status of audit work to the Senior Manager of
* Internal Audit relative to milestones, open issues, and interactions with the
* internal clients.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
* Bachelors degree
* Professional designation completed or in progress (CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, PMP)
* Strong knowledge of US GAAP
* Strong knowledge of audit methodology and techniques
* Prior External and / or Internal Audit experience (financial, operational, compliance, IT audits)
* Prior Enterprise Risk Management knowledge and experience
* Ability to travel domestically (~15-20%)
* Strong English language - verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency in Spanish language - verbal and written communication skills a plus, but not required
* Ability to work with initiative, minimal supervision and meet prescribed deadlines
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Exposure to major ERP systems such as SAP and Oracle a plus
* Media experience a plus
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
* Be a highly effective communicator with the ability to interact with Internal Audit stakeholders at all levels.
* Develop their internal and external networks and be highly effective at creating lasting relationships with their team members, peers and business stakeholders.
* Demonstrate strong business acumen by being attuned to Univision's strategy, business environment and emerging trends and issues.
* Be able to effectively leverage technology to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
* Be a leader who will have the ability to build consensus and articulate a persuasive point of view.
* Be nimble and agile, with the ability to audit strategic initiatives and change programs.
* Be risk aware and have an intimate understanding of risk management practices within the organization, our industry and profession.
* Be client service delivery focused and an innovative, critical thinker with the ability to provide pragmatic solutions to complex business problems.
* Be technically proficient and committed to continuous learning and professional development.
* Be fraud aware, with the ability to build effective fraud detection procedures into audit projects and to collaborate with key stakeholders to develop comprehensive anti fraud programs for the organization.
* Be innately curious with the drive and work ethic to probe and "to ask the next question" (professional skepticism)