$4B SEC Financial Services Company--Downtown Chicago--Salary Commensurate with Experience
* Company provides support for a healthy lifestyle, professional development, competitive employee programs, and retirement.
* Company supports a balanced work and home life, including family programs and flexible work situations.
* Launch your career with a leading global financial institution!
NOTE FROM HIRING MANAGER
* Must understand and have internal audit experience, preferably in financial services.
* Training background in banking preferred.
* Auditors with banking experience will be considered.
* The Audit Specialist will help with new hires, strategic training, and assess skills gap analysis with audit team.
* This role has high visibility to the head of audit and other execs.
* Company has large audit team which provides many opportunities to move around in the organization.
* Fast-paced environment, more so than most corporate roles.
POSITION SUMMARY OF THE AUDIT SPECIALIST
Seeking an Audit Specialist to administer a periodic knowledge/skill gap assessment for global audit staff, develop and deliver a training program and classes within Audit Services, and support the department quality assurance function. The Audit Specialist will also consult with the Audit Services staff and management to conduct a skill and knowledge gap assessment and translate the results into a learning and development strategy. The role also assists management in the development, implementation, and maintenance of training programs and curriculums that support manager effectiveness and staff development. The Audit Specialist will deliver and/or oversee the delivery of a wide range of learning and performance support solutions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OF AUDIT SPECIALIST
* College/University degree and auditing and/or systems experience in financial institution or similar public accounting experience in financial services industry preferred.
* Knowledge of internal audit and the rapidly increasing expectations placed on staff.
* Able to consult independently with and influence all levels of the organization, particularly senior leaders.
* Strong project management capabilities.
* Excellent communication, marketing, relationship, facilitation, and motivational skills.
* Strong judgement in ability to formulate plans based on needs of department.
* Executes duties efficiently and effectively.
* Strong organizational skills to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff/management essential.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AUDIT SPECIALIST
* Lead and work collaboratively with Audit Services partners to define learning solutions that support departmental requirements and needs.
* Consult with all levels within Audit Services to conduct a periodic talent and knowledge assessment and translate results into a learning and development strategy.
* Develop and implement training program to support individual and organizational performance aligned with Audit Services and/or enterprise-wide needs.
* Design and implement proactive communication plans to ensure learning and development initiatives are communicated effectively to global audiences.
* Facilitate and conduct learning and training solutions.
* Keep abreast of learning and development best practices and introduce them to company.
* Identify and evaluate applicability of new learning programs developed by other organizations or vendors and recommend utilization as appropriate.
* Coordinate new hire on-boarding activities to ensure a smooth and effective transition into Audit Services.
* Engage with global audit teams to deliver solutions required to support organizational goals at a local and global level.
* Conduct certain quality assurance activities to support Audit Services' broader Quality Assurance and Improvement program.