Audit Supervisor 9/3/2016
Fort Myers, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Audit Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day "in-charge" duties of planning, fieldwork and "wrap-up" to include the preparing of financial statements with disclosures, applying most areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position is also responsible for leading a number of auditors, instructing them in work to be performed, reviewing the work done, and directing necessary revisions. The Audit Supervisor must make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters. When such problems arise, outline them for the manager or partner and then acts on advice.
* Applies knowledge and understanding of the collective effect of various factors on establishing or enhancing effectiveness, or mitigating the risks, of specific policies and procedures.
* As Auditor in charge is responsible to the engagement partner for the day-to-day conduct of the audit work and in particular for ensuring that the field work is executed and completed as planned, in accordance with timetable, with Firm's policies and procedures and to budget.
* Applies knowledge of transactional flow and key transactional cycles to complete audit work.
* Documents, validates and assesses effectiveness of internal control system.
* Determines and communicates improvements to client internal controls and accounting procedures.
* Supervise the work of audit staff and review work papers and conclusions and explaining any shortcomings to them.
* Applies knowledge and understanding of governing principles; applying these principles to client transactions; and documenting and communicating an understanding and application of these principles.
* Understand and effectively communicate financial statement disclosure requirements to clients, Identifies and applies new pronouncements to client situations.
* Identifies, analyzes and discusses alternative generally accepted accounting principles for the client, when necessary, with the Manager and engagement partner.
* Identifies complex accounting issues and brings them to the attention of superiors for resolution.
* Applies knowledge and understanding of professional standards; application of the principles contained in professional standards; and the ability to document and communicate an understanding and application of professional standards on an engagement.
* Formulates and communicates the audit plan.
* Applies GAAS to a variety of complex issues and consults others as appropriate.
* Applies audit skepticism and determines when to reduce or expand testing.
* Uses the MBCOPA audit manuals as appropriate for the situation.
* Documents deviations from MBCOPA policy with approval.
* Look for opportunities to suggest improvement to company's internal controls and prepare draft communication required by professional standards.
* Applies knowledge and application of MBCOPA standards that guide effective and efficient delivery of quality services and products.
* Applies MBCOPA audit approach and methodologies, including tools and technology, to execute the audit with quality, efficiency, and completeness despite pressures of deadlines.
* Identifies and proposes outcomes to critical issues.
* Applies methodology used to seek or maintain information from authoritative sources and to draw conclusions regarding a target issue based on that information.
* Applies knowledge of the use of internal and external research tools and selects methodology for routine research requests.
* Researches more complex areas of accounting and forms an initial opinion on the correct treatment independently and considers and documents the impact on the client and audit engagement.
* Documents and organizes complicated findings in a usable format, based on information obtained from various sources.
* Assist the engagement partner with gathering sufficient appropriate information about the business and information system, including the accounting system, to form an adequate basis for the preparation of the audit strategy.
* Coordinate timing of planning, fieldwork, and review with the audit team and client, assist engagement executives in developing the audit engagement documents and identify appropriate resources.
* Develop the Audit Engagement Planning Documents and audit programs.
* Establish with the engagement partner the responsibilities of individual audit staff for specific areas of audit work.
* Monitor and report engagement budget to actual and advise engagement executives of possible overruns.
* Supervise a team of audit professionals
* Provide verbal and written performance feedback to associates
* Teach/coach associates to provide on the job learning. Other duties as required
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting or equivalent
* Minimum of five (5) years prior work experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope and number of engagements managed
* Licensed CPA
* Microsoft Office Products, including Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Experience in the use of various assurance applications and research tools as is appropriate for this level
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Sound GAAP and GAAS knowledge
* Possess proven solid verbal and written communication skills
* Possess people development and delegation skills
* Possess executive presence - needs to be able to be primary contact for the client
* Possess client development relationship-building skills
* Possess solid decision-making skills
* Able to "in-charge" all stages of the audit, including planning, fieldwork and "wrap-up" Able to perform the completion of an audit of a complex company
* Able to prepare and/or review financial statements with disclosures in accordance with GAAP requirements. Able to be responsible for business development and marketing
Please submit resume and cover letter summarizing above qualifications. All inquiries held completely confidential.